Saturday 6 April 2013

Makers – Viberg Boots

I mentioned recently that I have become interested in making shoes. Part of that interest lies in wondering whether all the latest, high tech, all sorts of different fabrics, sneaker inspired shoes and boots are really they’re cracked up to be. Maybe they are. But part of my disenchantment with them is that they never seem to last that long, can’t really be repaired, and what else...oh yeah, they’re mostly made in China. 

It’s got me curious whether a more traditional construction style, made mainly of leather with a replaceable Vibram sole, is a better option. To that end I’d been looking at Wesco boots and also White’s boots, both made in the U.S. of A. But I recently discovered that there is a Canadian company still making footwear aimed at a similar market. And their prices are very reasonable considering they’re operating out of Victoria, British Columbia, and making boots largely the old fashioned, by hand, 200+ steps technique.


www.workboot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment