Monday 7 April 2014

Me on reality TV? Ha!

I received a message recently from a producer in New York, working on a reality TV show for A&E based on a British version called The Sewing Bee. The usual format - 8, 10, 12 contestants, and each episode they have some kind of a challenge they have to complete, and if not, off they go. I guess they’re trying to find a man / some men that sew. Looking around on the internet, she came across my blog and wanted to know if I had any interest in being on the show. Uhhhh.....no. I’m grotesquely hideous and have an atrocious personality. So I don’t think I should be on a TV show. But mainly, it’s all clothing. And while I’m certainly interested in making clothes, I don’t think I know nearly enough to even contemplate it. Too many other activities competing for my time and money have seen to it that that interest hasn’t received the attention it deserves.

But I sent her a message, gave her some info, some sights to check out, told her I know men that sew, but it’s often very specialized sewing they do - upholstery, parachute rigging, sail making, saddlery, outdoor gear making, etc. - and not the typical sewing on the show, ie clothing.

So if you’re a man, know something about sewing clothing and want to be on TV, get in touch and I’ll put you in touch with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment