Tuesday 8 February 2011

SteriPen PreFilter Cartridge Pouch 2

After my first lacklustre attempt at a pouch, I gave it another shot. The results were better this time.
But first let me show some (slightly) better pictures of the actual pre-filter setup.
Not sure if you can make out the hacksaw marks where I cut away a threaded part. It was meant so that you could put the pre-filter (sans the cartridge) on the Nalgene, and then screw the lid back on. I didn’t want to do that, so I cut it off to make it smaller and lighter.
Different approach this time. Just used webbing, and sandwiched some neoprene between the body and then sandwiched some neoprene between a bit on the bottom and a bit on the top.
A bit snug, but it works fine.
These are the three components (SteriPen pouch and battery pouch) as they’ll work together, mounted on the outside of a Nalgene pouch I drew the pattern for last night. The part of the pre-filter that screws on to the bottle, will sit inside the pouch, either under or on top of the bottle. This way everything is together, and easy to get at.

No comments:

Post a Comment