Saturday 19 September 2009

Zip Tie Storage in Kifaru Packs

Zip ties are a truly great invention. The imaginative can find any number of things they can be used for.

While playing around with my at the time very new Kifaru MOLLE Express, I realized that the long narrow pockets that housed the aluminum frame stays were a perfect spot to store some very long zip ties. Keeps them from getting in the way or mangled up.
This little trick will only work on their Omni series. On the Express, MOLLE Express, Scout I know for sure, since I actually have them. The Zulu, Marauder, and X-Ray, I’ve never actually handled, but I’m reasonably sure they too have aluminum stays in a long narrow pocket. The length of the stays varies from pack to pack though.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea, I do this on my XRay after seeing it on the Kifaru message board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I posted these pictures in the tip thread on the Kifaru Forums, but with the switch to the new software that thread disappeared. It needs to be revived because there were a lot of good ideas in it. And thanks for confirming that it indeed works in the X-Ray.

    Kifaru = greatness.

    ReplyDelete