Tuesday 29 September 2009

Bahco Laplander Pouch

Before I made the Saw’mups, I made this. (I made another pouch before that, but it’s not worth showing.)

Still pretty happy with it, the only real “drawbacks” to it are the width, and the inability to mount anything on the front. Which, depending on where it’s carried, may or may not matter at all. Given that I was carrying this in a specific spot where placement and size mattered, I had to come up with another solution.

A piece of thick webbing forms the back, PALS sewn onto that, then the front sewn on with lock stitches by a Stewart Speedy Stitcher to form the pouch.
 Note drain hole on bottom.

Ring is so I can attach a lanyard to prevent loss. On more than one occasion I’ve been in all sorts of awkward positions removing debris from creeks to get canoes through, or sawing off branches while at some precarious angle. I’d rather not have my saw tumble down a hill or into the water.

Shock cord to hold the saw in place. It actually stays in place quite well on its own, but it never hurts to have a redundant retention system. Easy to replace if it wears out or gets damaged.
The whole thing was sewn by hand on the train to and from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment